The Austro-Indian Association is devoted to the fostering
of relations in the cultural, economic, social, scientific, and technological
fields between Austria and India.
The aim of the Association’s activities is directed towards the
circulation of a comprehensive image of today’s India. Mainly, it
is intended to mediate contemporary trends in the above mentioned fields
in India. In addition, the Association endeavours to identify and document
as many forms as possible of past and present relations between the two
The Association’s activities comprise:
• Provision of information about the mentioned fields by means of
symposia, seminars, lectures, courses, filmshows and other audio-visual
• Making a broader Austrian audience aware of personal experiences
of India by other Austrians in the form of talks and interviews.
• Organisation of concerts of classical Indian music of all styles
as well as performances by representatives of folk art from different
regions in India.
• Organisation of dance performances in various styles of classical
Indian dance, contemporary forms of India’s art of dance, and those
of popular traditions.
• Organisation of exhibitions of Indian art.
• Organisation of travel tours with a special focus and at favourable
conditions to India.
• Organisation of social evenings with film and picture shows for
travellers to India.
• Arranging joint festivities and organisation of trips into the
vicinity of Vienna under the slogan 'Austrians meet Indians'.
• Since 1996 the Association is publishing a Newsletter - since
2005 online (see 'archiv' for previous issues).